Wednesday, November 17, 2004

A typical day in the land of Chickenheads

I have always loved helping people, but I must start helping myself. My job is turning into a big ass nightmare. I did not go to grad school just to become a telemarketer. Let me give you a little background information: I am an academic advisor at a proprietary school in Atlanta. In layman's terms, I register students at a for-profit college. I had an idea of what I was getting into when I signed on, but now it is taking its toll. I am starting to feel like a grunt and my co-workers and I do the shit that nobody else wants to. I am tired of holding my tongue, so it is about to get ugly. I have already been looking for a new job, but now I am not sure if I am staying in Atlanta or not. I have been thinking about relocating to NYC, but that is just a dream for now.

I am now preparing to go to a meeting and pretend to be interested in what everybody else is talking about. I have fallen asleep far too many times in these meetings. I am ashamed because my work ethic is better than that, but this is not my dream job.

No comments: